All faculty members are required to participate in professional development activities every year by the Standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Professional Development Requirements for Teachers with Level 2 or Level 3 Certification
Level 2 and Level 3 Certification lasts for five years. During that five year period, the person holding that certification must earn 150 hours of professional development (150 Continuing Learning Units - CLUs).
By definition CLUs for teachers must consist in professional development directed toward improving student learning.
A record of professional development should be maintained in each faculty member's personnel file.
Click the links below to access needed forms:
Professional Development Opportunities:
Leading the Common Core in Mathematics: An Institute for School Leaders
January 14 and 15, 2014 · 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lindy Boggs International Conference Center
After a very successful Common Core Institute for language arts, the School Leadership Center was asked to host a mathematics institute. This interactive, job embedded institute for school leaders implementing the Mathematics Common Core State Standards (CCSS) will be held on January 14 and 15, 2014 at the Lindy Boggs Conference Center at UNO. The Leadership and Learning Center will once again conduct the mathematics institute.
The institute will focus on the following.
- Key shifts of Common Core State Standards (CCSS) with focus on PARCC
- Understanding the standards for mathematical practice in the context of how they intersect the teaching of math content PK-12
- Instructional leadership to ensure implementation,
- Understanding the structure of CCSS in Mathematics,
- Understanding the standards for mathematical practice in the context of how they intersect the teaching of math content,
- Dig deep into the standards and implications for assessment and instruction,
- Aligning standards, assessment, and technology, • Understanding Growth Mindset, and Next generation assessments, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and Webb’s Depth of Knowledge connection.
Who Should Attend:
- All school leaders with a desire to skillfully lead the implementation of CCSS in mathematics.
- Assistant Principals
- Lead Teachers
- Curriculum Coordinators
- Department Chairs
- Professional Developers
- Instructional Coaches
For more information contact:
Debra Reimonenq at firstname.lastname@example.org